Dinner and Dessert

  This past weekend we went hiking on Saturday.  The weather is so perfect right now, I love it.  I hope Summer never comes.



Yep, I am huge.  I was breathing so hard on this hike!



Here is a favorite dinner that I make usually once a week.

Vegetarian Enchiladas




Vegetarian Enchiladas!
Ingredients: 
-trader joe's whole wheat organic tortillas (my favorite!)
-1 can black beans
-1 can corn
-2 sweet potatoes steamed in steamable bags
-sour cream
-cheese
-enchilada sauce
-franks red hot sauce
-optional: avocado, olives, lettuce, salsa

Combine the black beans, corn, cooked cut up sweet potatoes,  and franks red hot sauce (to taste) in a large bowl.  Wrap the mixture into tortillas and place in baking pan.  Top with enchilada sauce and cheese.  Put enchiladas in oven and broil for 5-8 minutes.  Top enchiladas with sour cream, avocado, lettuce, and salsa.  Great meal for a meatless Monday dinner!



On to the dessert.....For dessert I made a healthier banana/strawberry cream pie!  





Ingredients:
-one packet of organics banana pudding (bought at sprouts)
-one organic graham cracker crust (sprouts)
-strawberries and bananas
-milk (I used vanilla soy milk)

Directions:
Make the pudding according to the packet instructions and let it cool.  Layer bananas and strawberries on the bottom of the pie crust and top with pudding.  Add more bananas and strawberries to the top.  

2 comments:

  1. SAM! your belly is so cute!! And dang that food looks good!! You are pro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why oh why didn't I try your enchilada's when I had the chance! They look lish, along with everything else. Love the hiking pictures, especially the growing baby belly!

    ReplyDelete